Welcome to Beth Shalom Religious School for the 2015-16 school year! We are thrilled that you and your child(ren) will be part of our school community.
Please note the following for the 2015/16 school year:
- First Session will meet from 9:00-11:00 for Prekindergarten, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades.
- Second session will meet from 11:15-1:15 for Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 6th and 7th grades.
- The Prekindergarten class is for children who are 3 by September 1, 2015 and potty trained.
- All students in grades 3-7, in addition to Sunday morning classes, meet for one midweek session. Students may attend either Monday or Tuesday from 5:00-6:30. Though most families attend that same midweek session throughout the year, there is flexibility to allow children to attend the other midweek session. Please inform your child’s teacher via email if your child will attend on a different day than usual.
- If your child is unable to attend midweek classes, the full tuition will apply.
- There are multiple options for students in grades 8-12:
- The Madrichim program meets on Sunday morning. Students may register for one session or both.
- Madrichim in grades 11 and 12 are paid minimum wage for one session.
- The Chai School program is open to all teens and will have two sections this year: one for grades 8 & 9 and the other for grades 10-12. Both classes will meet at the same time. Classes will be led by Rabbi Edery and Ronni Ticker. These classes are free for madrichim, but teens who do not participate in the Madrichim program will pay a fee.
- High School students are eligible to apply for paid Hebrew Teaching Assistant positions on Monday and Tuesday afternoons. There is no registration fee for these positions. Please contact Ronni Ticker directly if your child is interested in this position.
To register, please complete the online School Health and Registration Form. You must enter all information for the form to be submitted. Payment must be made separately to the Beth Shalom Office. You may mail or drop off a check payable to Beth Shalom (please note 2015-2016 Religious School fees on the memo line). Please note that book fees must be paid by June 15. If you wish to pay by credit card, you must visit the office to do so. If you have questions regarding payment or billing, please contact Wendy Moryoussef at [email protected]
If you have any questions or want to share something directly with the director or chair of the education committee, please contact Ronni Ticker via phone at 919-858-7777 or email her at [email protected] or Melissa Rosenstock at [email protected].
Thank you for your time.
Melissa Rosenstock, Education Committee Chair
Ronni Ticker, Director of Jewish Learning